Summary – Sometimes adding grain to an image provides an interesting added effect. Here are two examples. YMMV
Experimenting with floral abstracts
Tried adding grain to
Extremely shallow depth of field images
To add a little interest via texture
To the background
A work in progress
Floral Lightning Bolt
It may not seem like it, but this is the subject
The captures shown above were done by
1. Shooting at minimum focus distance
Larger than life-size (macro lens + 1.4 X TC)
2. Wide open aperture (paper thin DOF)
3. Greatly over-exposed (wash out flower’s vibrant colors)
4. White background
Subscribe (see sidebar). New posts daily.
- No sidebar? Click here or the blog title at the top of this page.
Another option – Click on the “Follow” button at the bottom right of the screen.
- Or – “Follow” in your admin bar, displayed at the top of the screen, for logged-in WordPress.com users.