Summary – Infrared is one of my favorite photographic styles. Strangely (to me) there are those who dislike the look of IR. I encountered a judge (back when I competed) who threw my image out (with apologies) solely because she “hated” IR.
This is the last image I made
During a visit to Shenandoah NP the other day
It was a type of day I normally wouldn’t choose – lots of sun
The good news is, it was a great day for infrared
Shot almost nothing else
Big Meadows, Shenandoah NP
Click to enlarge
1. Captured in my IR-converted D300
2. SEP default removes the slight color cast from step 1
3. A SEP custom preset I created for D300 IR image processing
4. A custom CEP recipe I made to add an “IR-film look”
Basically adds a “glow” and a bit of noise
Could easily do without this (or calm it down a bit)
There you have it
With my custom presets & recipes,
Well under 5 minutes
An IR Sampling from My Day in the Park
Click any image to open a full screen slide show
Subscribe (see sidebar). New posts daily.
- No sidebar? Click here or the blog title at the top of this page.
Another option – Click on the “Follow” button at the bottom right of the screen.
- Or – “Follow” in your admin bar, displayed at the top of the screen, for logged-in WordPress.com users.