Summary – Post combines several things: 1) Shooting familiar subjects close to home, 2) Photo walks, 3) Auto-photo-painting programs, (4) Creating animation. Most of all it’s about enjoying photography and seeing the world around you.
1. If you can’t see good material close to home
Why do you think a trip to a far-off place will help?
You need to learn to see – not learn to travel
These images – all within 1/2 mile of my front door
2. Use your camera
It’s not some nic-nac to sit on a shelf
You need to shoot every day (or nearly so)
Took a walk on a nice autumn day – with my camera
3. I post images to a community website home page
Thought the viewers might like a change
I know that I did
Used FotoSketcher to create Fauxto-paintings
4. I normally post a single new photo each week
To make this change to paintings even more different
Residents seemed to like the change
I created the following animated-gif slide show
Nikon D800E, 24/70 2.8, circular polarizer, hand-held
12 images, 50 seconds
Subscribe (see sidebar). New posts daily.
- No sidebar? Click here or the blog title at the top of this page.
Another option – Click on the “Follow” button at the bottom right of the screen.
- Or – “Follow” in your admin bar, displayed at the top of the screen, for logged-in WordPress.com users.