Small communities typically have a homeowners association (HOA).
- HOA’s, in turn, typically have websites
- The community we moved to is in its first year (90 homes of an eventual 244 are complete)
- Our HOA had plans for a website and asked me to do the development
- Our site launched this week; enhancements coming over the next few months
- The site is run entirely by homeowners, not paid HOA staff
- It costs less than $500/year; some HOA sites run well over $25K/year
Residents of my previous community will see the irony in this – ‘nuf said.
Back On-Topic (photography-wise, that is)
I took a short walk through a park that’s five minutes away to see how it looked in the autumn. Here’s what I saw:
Nikon D800E, 105mm macro prime lens & my feet for zooming, hand held (gasp)
Small town living is wonderful. Better Amish horse and buggies on country roads than 18-wheelers and road rage on interstates and beltways. 😉